Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma have tied the knot, say reports. Even the cricketer and the actor will make it official soon.
When the skipper and the actress left the nation last week, many believed that the marriage was to take place by the weekend we said goodbye to.
An insider told a news channel that Virat and Anushka got married this morning. Even astrologers are already out with their forecasts for Virushka as a married couple.
Shobhaa De tweeted her congratulations to the few:
Delighted! Two clever, hard working , stunning looking professionals got married far from prying eyes! Way to do it! Congratulations Virat and Anoushka Kohli
– Shobhaa De (@DeShobhaa) December 11, 2017
Virat and Anushka got married at this gorgeous property in Tuscany, Italy. We take you to Borgo Finocchieto. You can not go beyond this point, since, security!
Speculation who Virat and Anushka were becoming married by December 12 first began doing the rounds after sources told India Today Television which Virat and Anushka’s family had booked a spot in Italy from December 9 to December 12.
But, we later found out the the Virushka wedding was occurring about four hours’ drive from Milan, in south Italy. The world’s next most-expensive holiday destination is playing host to Virat and Anushka’s wedding. It’s a resort named Borgo Finocchieto, just 34 kms in the Siena station and also an hour’s drive from Tuscany.
After Anushka and Virat took off for Europe and their respective families, netizens went into a tizzy trying to come into terms with how the two could really be tying the knot.
As of now, here’s the lowdown on what has happened up to now:
– At the wee hours of December 8, Virat and Anushka, along with their families, flew off to Italy. While Anushka removed from Mumbai, aboard a Swiss Air flight, along with her parents, brother Karnesh, Virat left a hasty exit in the Delhi airport.
– Anushka’s family priest, Maharaj Anant Baba of Anant Dham Atmabodh Ashram in Haridwar, also followed closely to Europe.
– First reports said that the marriage was to take place in Milan, but looks like the Borgo Finocchieto resort near Tuscany is where Virat and Anushka’s marriage parties are occurring.
– The Borgo Finocchieto is where the Obamas too went for a holiday earlier this year. It’s a place that’s quite popular with stars.
– The luxurious resort at which Virat and Anushka would be to tie the knot is a 800-year-old restored village. The area has massive historical significance too. The village which was restored and is currently known as Borgo Finocchieto, is on the street that the medieval pilgrims happened on their way from Canterbury to Rome.
– Resources advised India Today the ‘Virushka’, since the few is fondly known as, would be to register their marriage at the Bandra family on January 4. Anushka has apparently already picked up the registration forms for this date.
– The registration is likely to take place sometime prior to December 27, since Virat is forecast to fly into South Africa along with the Indian cricket team on that date.
– Reportedly the dates have been finalised when the pair was in Sri Lanka, in August this year. Since netizens were going gaga over images of the gardening date, their own families met and spoke their marriage dates. Anushka’s family priest then zeroed in on a December wedding day. But, Virat and Anushka chose to keep the news under wraps.
– Rumours of a December wedding for Virat and Anushka first began doing the rounds once the cricketer opted out of the Test game and also the limited-overs series against Sri Lanka in December citing ‘personal reasons’. Virat also said that he was looking forward to having a break.
– Incidentally, Anushka Sharma confessed to India Today last year which marriage is on her agenda, “Obviously marriage is on the cards, but when, that I’m not sure of.”
– Sparks flew between Virat and Anushka during the shooting of a brand new commercial in 2013. Ever since that time, the few have already been which makes us fall in love with their oh-so-adorable shows of affection.
– At 2014, in an interview into harper’s Bazaar Bride, Anushka said that if she had been to have a destination wedding she would want it to be conventional, and somewhere near nature: “in a vineyard, possibly,” Sharma had been quoted as saying. Her wedding now, looks in tandem using the kind of a ceremony she wanted.
– Bhangra dancers were seen entering the Borgo Finocchieto on Saturday, as sound of dhol beats wafted round the house. The Borgo Finocchieto is just an hour out of Italy’s wine capital, Montalcino. The resort is surrounded by rolling lawns and vineyards.
ALSO SEE | FULL COVERAGE: Virushka wedding
ALSO WATCH: Virat and Anushka to have a day wedding, followed closely by celebration at night?